Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Cooper Summer Fever


Last weekend, June 8 – 10 was the Cooper Summer Fever Tennis Tournament.  Our own Kayla Ratliff did really well.  She was the Women’s 3.5 Champion when she defeated Lisa Acosta in the Final 2-6; 6-2; 10-4.  Way to go Kayla!


Kayla Ratliff and Lisa Acosta after the Championship match



Kayla Ratliff - 3.5 Women's Champion



After that, she team up with her partner, Andrew Pohlman, and also won the 4.0 Mixed Doubles Championship. Yes, she beat out no other than, her own, Jammers’ captain, yes, that would be me, for that first place medal. The student becomes the teacher. I taught her well. Okay, maybe she didn’t learn from me, Kayla and her partner just played better than me and my partner that day. My congrats goes out to her and her partner.  KUDOS to both of you!!!





Kayla Ratliff & Andrew Pohlman






Kayla Ratliff & Andrew Pohlman - 4.0 Mixed Champions


Robert 'Bob' Craig & Huong Doan - 4.0 Mixed Finalist


And YES, we are advertising the CLIF bars!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment